Guided Gaol Experience
The Crumlin Road Gaol dates back to 1845, and closed its doors as a working prison after 150 years in service in 1996. The Gaol has re-opened as a visitor attraction after extensive renovations and today you can take a guided tour of the prison.
About the Tour
Discover over 150 years of history and follow in the footsteps of over 25,000 prisoners as you make the journey through Northern Ireland’s only remaining Victorian Era prison. The guided tour will allow you to explore the building’s colourful past and gain a unique and memorable insight into the daily lives and routines of both prisoners and prison officers over the Gaol’s existence. Your tour guide will inform you about the Gaol’s history including when women and children were imprisoned, the executions that were carried out, its more recent history and learn about why the decision was taken to close the prison.
The will cover all aspects of the Gaol from the Tunnel linking the courthouse on the other side of the Crumlin Road to the Hanging Cell, the Historic Holding Cells, Centre Circle, C-Wing and Graveyard. Guided Tours will give you access to all areas included on the self-guided Crumlin Road Gaol Experience, you will also have exclusive access to additional areas not included on the self-guided tour. Tours are conducted by one of our expert guides.
Add a Meal to Your Booking
- Your Meal is 90 minutes after the time of your tour, You will receive an email confirming the time from Cuffs Bar and Grill
Enjoy a two course meal in Cuffs Bar and Grill before your guided tour, select your two courses from our fantastic menu, all included with your ticket (please note a £5.00 supplement will be applied if ordering a steak).
To view our menu please visit: https://cuffsgrillbar.com/
Information & Terms
- Arrival time is 10/15 minutes before your tour, to allow you to check in with reception
- Suitable warm clothing and flat shoes must be worn.
- The main entrance to the Gaol is via the Gate House on the Crumlin Road.
- Coaches & Cars may enter the site via the Summer Street entrance and follow the appropriate traffic management signs.
- Admission tickets can be purchased on the day but we advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please note anyone who purchases a student or concession ticket will be required to produce the appropriate identification to gain admission. Failure to do so will invalidate your ticket without a refund.
- Audio Guides are available but not recommended for the guided tours
For groups of 15 people or more, please email our group booking team at g[email protected] or contact their office on 02890741500
Please note all tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable