CRUMLIN ROAD GAOL EXPERIENCE
Discover over 150 years of history in Northern Irelands only remaining Victorian era prison.
Opened in 1846, the Gaol housed men women and children, before closing its doors in 1996.
Launched in 2019 the “Crumlin Road Gaol Experience” is a unique self-guided tour, which includes video, audio, and holograms throughout the site.
As part of your visit, you will have the opportunity to explore different areas of the Gaol including:
- The Tunnel.
- Historic Holding Cells.
- Gaol Circle.
- Condemned Cell.
- Hangman’s Cell.
- Sanger / Matrons House.
- Wessex Helicopter
You will gain a unique and memorable insight into the daily lives and routines of both prisoners and staff.
First Admission: 10:30am
Last Admission: 3:20pm (Sunday-Thursday), 6:20pm (Friday-Saturday)
INFORMATION AND TERMS
- Suitable warm clothing and flat shoes must be worn.
- The main entrance to the Gaol is via the Gate House on the Crumlin Road.
- Coaches & Cars may enter the site via the Summer Street entrance and follow the appropriate traffic management signs.
- Admission tickets can be purchased on the day but we advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes prior to the tour time, to enable tickets to be checked or to be purchased (non-groups).
*60-90 minute duration based on visitors exploring all areas of the Gaol, reading the information boards and watching the videos around the site.