CRUMLIN ROAD GAOL EXPERIENCE
Discover over 150 years of history and follow in the footsteps of over 25,000 prisoners as you make the journey through Northern Ireland’s only remaining Victorian Era prison.
Explore the building’s colourful past and gain a unique and memorable insight into the daily lives and routines of both prisoners and prison officers over the Gaol’s existence.
Learn about the Gaol’s history including when women and children were imprisoned, the executions that were carried out, and its more recent history and learn about why the decision was taken to close the prison.
You will have access to all aspects of the Gaol from the Tunnel linking the courthouse on the other side of the Crumlin Road to the Hanging Cell, the Historic Holding Cells, Centre Circle, C-Wing and Graveyard.
The Crumlin Road Gaol Experience is open to the public and operates between 11:00am and 3:30pm daily.
Crumlin Road Gaol Experience is a virtual self-guided tour, which includes all information you would have received on our previous daily guided tours, this will enable you to explore the prison at your own pace while observing social distancing.
INFORMATION AND TERMS
- Suitable warm clothing and flat shoes must be worn.
- The main entrance to the Gaol is via the Gate House on the Crumlin Road.
- Coaches & Cars may enter the site via the Summer Street entrance and follow the appropriate traffic management signs.
- Admission tickets can be purchased on the day but we advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes prior to the tour time, to enable tickets to be checked or to be purchased (non-groups).
*60 minute duration based on visitors exploring all areas of the Gaol, reading the information boards and watching the videos around the site.